Hi, Gang --
Aud, here. It was difficult leaving Keira with Rhea on Sunday. Not that we have any doubt about her being in the best of hands with Rhea, more so due to the profound effect what Keira's not being here is doing to the dynamics of this household!
Let's start with the affect its had on Riley. He's sad, misses his playmate. But he's compiled these examples of how his life is changed with Keira not being here. . .
We present a united front when it's dinner time, there's NO doubt we get fed when we want. . .
Who's gonna watch TV with me? And bark at every critter we see?
If it snows again (and it still could), who's gonna be my fellow abominable snow dog with me?
When the ground is nice and muddy, who's gonna help me knock over the great niece?
We're going on our annual Myrtle Beach trip soon - who's gonna ride in the golf cart with me? And hang out under the tiki hut?
Mad Max the Warrior Cat here.
Good. She's gone. NOW I CAN TAKE OVER THIS HOUSEHOLD.
Lucy, Lazy Fat Cat here.
Oh, SHIT. Now Max is gonna take over the household. Keira used to run interference between us, she's a brave and good friend to the "underdog" cat. . . She always protects me and lets me sleep on her bed, even when she was miserably uncomfortable and pregnant. Not that it ever worried me one single bit, I liked her bed a lot. . .
Aud, here. Missing my spunky, mellow, sweetheart of a pup! Since she's been pregnant, she's wanted to stay out in the snow much longer than Riley ever did. So, for the last couple of days that she's been gone, Riley would be lying on my feet as usual and I kept hearing Keira's unique yip that she used to bark to be let back in. I cannot tell you how many times I've thought I heard that noise and went to the door, only to remember that she's not here!
Heard from Rhea, Keira is being treated like a Queen (no surprise there), she's got the primo couch spot and gets to sleep on the bed at night. .
I'm in trouble with regards to the furniture when she comes home! But that's OK, she'll be home!
Rhea also advised me that Keira's looking like she'll have 6-7 pups based on today's xrays, I'm still hanging on to my completely uneducated guesstimate of 8 pups.
~ STAY TUNED ~









No comments:
Post a Comment