Saturday, October 26, 2013

Oh, boy, here we go again. . . .

Aud here (again). . .

Keira went into heat on September 1st and was subsequently bred to handsome Quinn again, details I will NOT go into!  Eyes/ears covered and lalalalalalalaaaa. . . .

Now that I'm a savvy parent of a dog that's been bred, I will claim (and might've gotten lucky) that I caught onto the fact that Keira was pregnant a full 4 weeks prior to her due date - she seems much bigger to me than the last pregnancy!  But I'm a software engineer, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. . .

Rhea reminded me of my little panic attack (I'd forgotten about it) that Keira was having a bad day late in the last pregnancy 11 days before she was due and I googled her symptoms at 10PM and spend a long, sleepless evening envisioning that Bob and I would be birthing pups on a collection of vinyl tablecloths that I have for Halloween and Christmas.  I lucked out that Keira did NOT go into labor that night and I survived my first overnight worry in 20+ years (my kids, that evening, were 24 & 25, so it had been a while).

So I revisited Keira's blog and am having total DEJA VU - the dynamics of this household are exactly the same as the last pregnancy.  The cats are weirded out and challenging each other, Keira's breaking it up, Lucy, the matriarch cat (who has multiple beds) is trying to claim Keira's bed, Keira is letting her.  Keira is in/out/in/out/in/out constantly.

I am confident that this pregnancy is progressing perfectly - we're a few short weeks away from her new due date.  Keira and I visited Donna today, who will be hosting Keira while she has her pups and subsequent weaning of the pups and I'm looking forward to again visiting the mosh pit of puppies!

Stay tuned, pics/videos will be posted.  Thanks to Donna for opening her home up to Keira and I - it's comforting to know Keira will be in good hands!

Stay tuned - pics coming soon. . . .

Aud




No comments:

Post a Comment