After my ultrasound, which was a week ago today - Dr. Ransom estimated that there were 10+ pups. Well, she and Mom were pretty darn close - yesterday I had myself 11 (YES ELEVEN) puppies! I started having puppies at 5:30AM and didn't stop until 3:55PM and when I was done, had 8 boys and 3 girls.
Let me tell you - pregnancy is no picnic for any kind of critter but this pregnancy was particularly miserable. Before Mom knew how many pups I was carrying, she was seriously worried about all the discomfort I was having - we're not talking morning sickness here, but mobility/agility issues. Add to that I couldn't get comfortable no matter where I was (dog bed, floor, people bed) there was no comfort to be found with all those babies crawling around in my belly. For the last week Mom has been able to lie on the floor with me and she quickly learned that if my belly was still that her rubbing my belly would awake and set loose the minions crawling around in there. While it was exciting for Mom to feel the babies moving around, it was not so much fun for me.
Everybody that knows me agrees that I'm a mellow and easygoing gal - I think I proved that above and beyond during this round of puppies! Here I am after 5 of the pups were born. . .
Mom showed up midday, and this was her first EVER puppy birthing experience. Rhea and Donna were awesome in making sure I kept moving to keep the labor and contractions going so all the pups would be delivered in time to ensure the survival of all the pups in such a large litter.
And Mom did what she does. Takes pictures. Here's a few. . .
And here's ALL the kids. . .
I heard a rumor that my 5 year old niece may be coming to visit me and the pups - that will be so cool as she'll be crazy excited, she loves me and Riley! Can't wait for her to show up and make all googly eyes at my babies. Plus, she loves me and I'm looking forward to her hugging me as well!
This is her seeing my pups from the last litter. .
And wait until she sees the other doggies that live with me and the pups right now!
Stay tuned, folks - Mom will be continuing to post updates on me and the puppies. . .
~ Keira ~









No comments:
Post a Comment