Rhea and I took Keira to see Dr. Katherine Ransom at the Wachusett Animal Hospital on Friday and while I've predicted all along that she's going to have 10 pups, it appears that I'm probably correct on that count as the good doctor felt that my guess was good!
While I'm excited about the prospect of puppies, I'd be remiss if I didn't document my worry about such a large litter - I've had multiple conversations with my breeder (who I trust completely) and she's been very reassuring about planning for the health and welfare of Keira and all the pups coming up. Dr. Ransom also made a comment to Rhea about trusting her judgement on the birthing process for such a large litter.
Not gonna lie, I'm gonna worry. Is it pointless? Yes, probably - I trust Rhea completely. Can I help it? NO!!!
So, Keira went to stay with Rhea this weekend and by this writing, has probably transitioned over to Donna's capable care and house. The prediction is that she'll have the pups anywhere between Thursday and Saturday, so stay tuned for updates!
And whatever deity you look to for powerful love, health and goodwill from? Ask them to keep Keira and her pups at the top of their list. . . . . And Riley could use some good goodwill as well, he's so very sad without his buddy. . .
Stay tuned, much more to come. . .
Aud

No comments:
Post a Comment