Sunday, February 3, 2013

Aud & Bob are entering uncharted territory with Keira. . .

When we got Keira as a puppy, we entered into an agreement with our breeder that sounded kindof interesting. We own the dog but the breeder owns her reproductive organs for 2 litters of puppies (those would also belong to the breeder). I was fascinated by the puppy prospect but am NOT able to support the birthing/whelping of puppies, nor would I ever be able to PART with her puppies and I'm already at the campground restriction of having 2 dogs already. . .

Why'd we do it? I have no idea. The puppies we brought home, starting with Riley - see his blog, Life of Riley are AWESOME. Once we got Riley, we were hooked - so the chance to have another exquisite, wonderful, fun, British Creme Golden Retriever was irresistible!

And thus, Keira came home to us. Where Riley is an adorable goofball, totally devoted to ME and obeys and listens to me, Keira has clearly taken her lead in this household from my cats (I have 2 and who knew they were going to brainwash my gorgeous female pup with their views that humans are here to serve THEM?). . .

Keira has been an awesome pup - but she's a highly amusing brat! From day one, when she was feeling spunky, she'd try to make eye contact with me and when that happened (she has beautiful eyes, if she's staring at you, you will definitely look at her), she'd start a conversation with you by huffing or yipping at you. I dare you to not huff or yip back, she's hypnotic. I've had several conversations with her that usually end up with me giving them treats. Whoa, wait a minute. . . Who's training who here?

Keira has matured into a stunning British Creme Golden Retriever and her time to be bred has happened. Without going into any gory details about female dog stuff and breeding stuff - most of which you will find me covering my eyes, plugging my ears and going, "lalalalalalaaaa, I can't hear you", I believe that we may have a pregnant Keira.

(Keira is on the left, Riley is on the right)

We're very excited about this! Stay tuned. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment